|Wondering what to expect in case of a weather closure in all or part of BVSD?
- Watch the area near the top of the front page of the BVSD website, on the left just below the rotating photos masthead. Public
notice of a closure or delay will be posted there on the website FIRST
and the light will change from green to yellow or red.
- After the web notice has been posted, an email and text message (for those who have opted in to receive text messages from BVSD) will be
sent to everyone whom the closure or delay directly affects.
- In cases of all-district closures, the messages will be sent to ALL BVSD parents / guardians and staff.
- In cases of mountain school closures, only mountain schools and
mountain bus parents/guardians and staff will get the email and text messages.
- Media will also be alerted in both cases, and Facebook and Twitter notices will be posted.
means no closures or significant delays have been reported. Except in
very rare instances, decisions about closures are generally made by 6:30
Parents and staff members may opt in to receive text messages sent by BVSD through the SchoolMessenger system by setting up a free account in Contact Manager.
See BVSD Closure Policies
for more information.