Boulder CTE (Career and Technical Education)
Student/Teacher Ratio: 18:1
AM Session: 7:55-10:20 a.m.
PM Session: 12:15-2:40 p.m.
Earn College Credit while in High School !
CTE Boulder's coursework is coordinated with the Colorado Community College System's coursework. This crosswalk provides the opportunity for students to receive free community college credit for successful completion of a CTE program. Most CTE programs have a number of community college classes which can be transferred to a transcript without charge by the agreeing community college once a student certifies in the program and enrolls in a particular community college and transcripts one class. Students must complete the certification requirements within a program to transfer credits to the community college.
Technical Certificates Available !
CTE Boulder provides an opportunity for students to receive a technical certificate for the successful completion of a program area. Certificates are controlled and monitored by the Colorado Community College Systems, have the minimum requirements of a C or above on the transcripts for each term, full credit for each term, and completion of all required competencies. Due to state requirements, the nursing and cosmetology programs have a set minimum of training hours.
Boulder CTE Website
Points of Pride:
- Empowering students through rigorous academic and technical skills for college and career readiness
- Community college articulation and concurrent enrollment
- English and Science credits embedded in course curriculum
- National support from TCTW (Tech Centers That Work)
- Standards-Based grading and instruction
- State Licensing Exams available in: Nursing Assistant, Esthetician, Hairstyling and Nail Technology
- Embedded Front Range Community College credits in the Forensic Technology, Criminal Justice, Computer Information Systems, Web & Gaming, Digital Photography/Design, Multimedia Design/3D Technology, Greenhouse, and Urban Agriculture programs