Points of Pride
- Rated #1 among Denver metro area high schools by 5280 Magazine and as a Top 100 high school by Newsweek and US News & World Report.
- John J. Irwin School of Excellence Awards, K-12 Accreditation from the North Central Association, and over 40 honors & AP course offerings.
- Over 90 percent of current students have taken one or more advanced placement course in preparation for college.
- Every graduating student earns admission to at least college or university of choice.
- Class of 2013 received over $21 million in college scholarships offers and financial assistance to their schools of choice.
- ACT test preparation and content review program taught to all juniors during the school day.
- A strong K-12 character education program focusing on respect and responsibility, as well as community service hours required for graduation.
- A caring school environment where every student is known and valued as an individual of potential and promise.
- Students pursue passions while receiving a challenging and appropriate academic program with a strong college preparatory focus.
The staff and stakeholders at Peak to Peak will partner to improve School Growth Median Percentiles at each school level. In High School, we continue our work with students to improve growth in reading, develop positive climate and relationships between students and with adults, and to achieve targeted gains in scientific analysis and math. Our goal for this year’s junior class is improve ACT practice test results by at least 2 points composite average over the course of the year, and for the class to earn 25 or higher average composite score on the state ACT in April. We have put in place the following to help achieve our goals this year: cross-curricular reading improvement goals, literacy support for struggling readers, formative and summative assessments targeting reading, tutoring before, during and after school hours, and careful alignment of curriculum across the secondary grade levels and departments. School Profile
Peak to Peak is a K-12 public charter school offering a liberal arts, character-based, college preparatory curriculum. It is designed from the ground up for graduates to meet or exceed the entrance requirements of top colleges and universities. Students at Peak to Peak who demonstrate a mastery of knowledge and skills are challenged through appropriate placement in each subject area.
The school is small enough to ensure that each student is known and valued but large enough to provide a variety of academic, athletic, and extracurricular activities.
Peak to Peak’s elementary program uses the nationally recognized Core Knowledge program. Students entering middle school enroll in courses specifically designed to prepare students to take and succeed in Peak to Peak’s advanced courses.
Peak to Peak’s high school features graduation distinctions for magna, summa and cum laude GPA standards of achievement, and also features the "Peak Scholar" Diploma recognition. Designed to challenge students who desire a well-rounded high school experience, the Peak Scholar Diploma indicates to highly selective colleges the Peak Scholar’s commitment to excellence. The Peak Scholar Diploma demonstrates achievement in the following areas:
- AP courses and exams
- Honor Roll distinctions
- A commitment to our community through community service
- Leadership or extracurricular activities