Points of Pride
- Aspen Creek K-8 has a strong PBS program. Our school motto is PRIDE which stands for positive, responsible, inclusive, dependable and engaged.
- Aspen Creek K-8 has implemented an RTI model serving students at all levels K thru 8. Our emphasis this year has been on reading development.
- Aspen Creek K-8 has a strong PTA and parent volunteer program. The PTA supports special events for families and contributes funds supporting learning.
- Aspen Creek K-8 staff is dedicated to ensuring that all students learn and grow as individuals. They are shining stars willing to give their all.
Our goals are in three major areas that mirror the overall goals of BVSD. Those areas are: equity; achievement; and climate. The short version of each is as follows: In the area of equity we will be working with all students to improve their reading skills specifically the special education students who are struggling. In the area of achievement we will be working with all students to increase their written language skills specifically in the areas of paragraph writing and grammar usage. Finally in the area of climate we will be working on increasing safety for all and building stronger relationships between adults and students.
Our instructional program mirrors BVSD curriculum with a special emphasis on academic excellence, critical thinking and creative problem solving.
In the K-8 we will:
- Build long-term relationships with families.
- Work with students longitudinally over nine grade levels.
- Support young adolescence in a true middle school with teaming, advisory, and exploratory programming.
- Provide convenience for families.
- Help young adolescents build confidence as mentors, tutors, and leaders.
- Create ease of transition to middle school.
Programmatic Offerings Literacy (reading and writing), technology, math, middle level advisory, science, middle level exploratory, social studies, middle level teaming, art, athletics, music, clubs, physical education, middle level socials, special education, and Talented and Gifted education.