Points of Pride
School ProfileThe Casey vision is to inspire students to be creative and critical thinkers. Our students become engaged lifelong learners, who are compassionate and connected to our diverse, multilingual community and global society.
- Our students are able to choose an academically challenging bilingual program for students to learn Spanish in a dual immersion format.
- Our school climate rating is one of the best in our school district according to many years of student, parent and teacher climate surveys.
- Students learn in a new, energy-efficient, state-of-the-art facility with abundant natural light and high-quality indoor environment.
- Named “School to Watch” in 2004 and 2006 for innovative and effective teaching practices. Casey was chosen as visitation site for 2008 National Middle School Conference.
- We are a Colorado School of Excellence in Arts Education.
We are a dynamic and exciting learning community of students, parents, and faculty from an array of cultures offering a full range of academic and elective choices. As a Pre-Advanced Placement school, Casey offers students exposure to the Habits of Mind and study skills that prepare them for the advanced learning necessary for future success in an increasingly complex and changing world. We are a neighborhood school that hosts a focus program, dual immersion bilingual, as well as a traditional middle school program. Some key features of our school are:
- A commitment to learning in depth through reading, writing, and discussion
- A highly ranked math program that provides students with the challenge needed to ensure high levels of growth over three years
- A continuum of English classes—from advanced English language arts to English as a Second Language (ESL) --exists to support and challenge all students
- A bilingual program offering classes in Spanish language arts, Spanish reading and Spanish social studies to support bilingualism in both native Spanish and native English speaking students
- A Talented and Gifted (TAG) Program with an on-site coordinator
- Success for students of all language backgrounds in honors math and advanced language arts classes because Casey students receive extra support as needed
- Traditional and unique electives, such as Leadership, Baile Folklórico and AVID, as well as after school activities like Hip-Hop Dance, Skiing and Outdoor Education, round out our instructional program
- Families are involved through PTA, SAC, Casey Parents (a parent networking group offered in Spanish)