- Fiscal Management
File: DD-R1 (pdf)
Adopted: June 9, 2009
PROJECT PARTNERSHIPS, SUB-AWARD GRANTS, SUB-CONTRACTS PURSUANT TO GRANTS, AND THIRD-PARTY GRANTS INVOLVING DISTRICT PERSONNEL, PROGRAMS OR FACILITIES
When BVSD is named by another agency or institution in a grant application as the recipient of payments, goods or services under that grant, this is considered a sub-award grant and it is subject to all of the same requirements for review and approval as grants written by and awarded to BVSD and its schools/departments. Similarly, if BVSD is named by another agency or institution in a grant application as the provider of services under a grant, the same rule applies.
Contracts awarded to the District consequent to the receipt of a grant by another agency or institution are similarly considered sub-award grants and subject to all of the same requirements for review and approval as grants written by and awarded to BVSD and its schools/departments, regardless of whether BVSD is specifically named in the original grant application.
If a grant is written by a third-party agency, organization, institution, individual, or business entity that entails any of the following:
- use of District personnel during work hours;
- contact with students, or research involving students* or employees;
- changes or additions to District educational programs, student support or teacher support programs;
- changes or additions to District facilities and grounds;
- use of BVSD facilities, personnel, or programs to provide an in-kind match for the grant;
- requirements for future upgrades or maintenance of equipment, software, textbooks, facilities or grounds; or
- use of BVSD as the fiscal agent to receive and account for the grant funds
...then this grant is subject to the prior review and approval of BVSD, even if BVSD is not directly named in the application and does not directly receive any financial award through the grant. Other forms of approval may apply (e.g. parental permission; Human Research Committee, etc.) in addition.
BVSD reserves the right to decline to participate in any project initiated by a third party that has not been submitted for District review prior to application for funding AND that has not received the approval of the school district through the Board-designed process prior to the award of funding.
*See Policy JFJ-E for information regarding student participation in surveys, analyses, or evaluations.
End of File: DD-R1