File: GCBA-1-R (pdf)
Adopted: October 29, 1973
Revised: May 12, 1988
PROFESSIONAL STAFF SALARY SCHEDULES -TEACHERS
Inservice Education Credit for Advancement on the Salary Schedule
Certificated employees of the Boulder Valley may earn District inservice credit by successfully participating in an approved inservice activity.
- Activities may include courses, seminars, workshops, committee projects, independent studies, or other professional activities.
- All activities that provide District inservice credit must have been approved by the District professional development council prior to the beginning of the activity.
- To qualify for credit, a participant must achieve a satisfactory level of performance as determined by the instructor(s) or leader(s) of the activity including attendance at all required scheduled sessions.
- Course credit will be determined at the rate of 16 instructor-contact hours for each semester hour of credit with a minimally equivalent amount of non-instructor contact activity.
- Any certificated staff member may submit a request to the professional development council for a variety of professional development activity credit on forms available from the building principal or from the staff development office.
- Requests for educational development experience, educational travel experience, and/or independent study must be submitted 30 days prior to the start of the activity to the staff development office.
NOTE: A person may qualify for a maximum of six semester hours of Boulder Valley Public Schools inservice credit per year. Inservice education credit will be accumulated and/or applied to the salary schedule only in amounts of one semester hour or more.
End of File: GCBA-1-R