File: JHF (pdf)
Adopted: date of manual adoption
Associated Regulation: JHF-R
Instruction in courses in industrial arts, science, homemaking, art, and physical education, health, and safety shall include and emphasize safety and accident prevention.
The objectives of safety instruction shall include the following as applicable to each unit of work in each course to help students:
- Learn how to work and to exercise safely and how to prevent accidents.
- Learn how to care for tools and equipment so as to reduce the possibility of accidents.
- Develop habits of good housekeeping, proper storage and handling of materials, and sanitation.
- Become familiar with personal protective devices and the proper clothing to be worn for safety purposes.
- Develop skills in the safe use of tools and equipment.
- Learn how to cooperate with others in the promotion and operation of a safety program in the school.
Safety instruction shall precede the use of materials and equipment by students in applicable units of work in the courses listed above, and instructors shall teach and enforce all safety rules set up for the particular courses. These shall include the wearing of protective eye devices in appropriate activities.
The Superintendent is authorized and directed to develop appropriate means for the implementation of this policy.
Current practice codified 1978
C.R.S. § 22-3-101-104
End of File: JHF