The Open Enrollment (OE) process for district schools begins November 1, 2019. The following is important information for families who are considering applying to a school of choice in Boulder Valley School District:
- Applications to a school of choice for the 2020-2021 school year can be submitted from Friday, November 1, 2019, 8:00 a.m. MST through Wednesday, January 8, 2020 to be considered for the lottery. An application submitted after 4:00 p.m. MST on January 8, 2020, is considered late and the applicant’s name is placed at the end of any existing wait list at that school and grade.
- The OE application for families with students currently enrolled in BVSD is part of your IC (Infinite Campus) Parent Portal. To submit an application, please log into the IC Parent Portal and select the Open Enrollment Application. Before applying, visit the BVSD Open Enrollment website for information/policy.
- To enter the preschool lottery, visit the Preschool Enrollment Page, scroll down and choose either “Current Family Application” or "New Student Application.” Please be aware that you will need to upload a current physical and immunizations record as well as a birth certificate and proof of residence. You will also need to register to be billed and pay the $50 application fee for preschool to be considered in the lottery. Click here to pay the application fee: Preschool Billing Registration.
- During BVSD's open enrollment application period, schools hold special events that allow prospective students and their parents/guardians to visit the school and learn more about their programs. Schedules of these events are posted on the Open Enrollment Events website.
ATTENTION parents and guardians of current 5th and 8th grade students who open enrolled into their current school:
- If your student is a 5th grade student at a K-5 elementary school, they will matriculate back to your neighborhood school at the next level. (Exception: 5th grade students in a K-8 or K-12 school will remain at their current school.)
- If your student is an 8th grade student at a middle school, they will matriculate back to your neighborhood school at the next level. (Exception: 8th grade students at a 6-12 or K-12 school will remain at their current school.)
If you wish to enroll in a school other than your neighborhood school at the next level, you need to submit an OE application during the Open Enrollment window of November 1, 2019, to January 8, 2020.
Per the processes outlined in Regulation JECC-R, the Open Enrollment lotteries will begin in early January. Once they are complete, the district will communicate results to all families on or about January 15th. By early February, wait lists will be produced and ordered by preference for on-time applications, with late applicants added to the end of the list in the order they were received. Per Board of Education Policy JECC-R, BVSD reserves the right to retain space for projected growth and construction activity as the need arises.
*If your student is open enrolled at their current school, the approval is valid through the highest grade at that school (no need to apply each year) unless your family has recently moved out of district boundaries.*
For more information on the district’s OE regulations, visit the BVSD Open Enrollment website. If you have further questions, please email the Open Enrollment Office or call 720-561-5900.
Open Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions