Statement regarding settlement of Title IX investigation 21-cv-02133-RMR-SKC, Jane Doe and Jane Roe v.. Boulder Valley School District.
The Boulder Valley School District signed a settlement agreement on Monday with two former Fairview students regarding a Title IX sexual harassment case involving events that occured in 2016-2017. The case was filed last year.
While will not comment on the case itself, the Boulder Valley School District is committed to protecting students and will not tolerate sexual discrimination, harassment or violence in our schools or school communities.
Anyone with information regarding sexual discrimination, harassment or violence in our schools or school communities is encouraged to go to our Help for Students website and file a Title IX report.
Following this and other cases, BVSD has taken action over the past several years, BVSD and Fairview have taken many actions to address equity concerns in our community, including Title IX’s protections against sexual and gender harassment and discrimination. Those actions have included:
- Actively engaged with our students, families, staff and community partners
- Adopted new policies consistent with the new Title IX federal regulations, including a new student code of conduct
- Provided training through MESA and Blue Sky Bridge for staff, students and families
- Initiated a Title IX Advisory Council.
- Added a Title IX Coordinator position
- Expanded training requirements across the School District