Social Media Practices
Our goal is to share ideas and information with as many individuals as possible and our practice is to welcome comments on our updates.
Our Comment Policy
- false, inaccurate or misleading information
- in violation of intellectual property rights;
- in violation of any law;
- unrelated to the topic of the forum;
- commercial promotions, solicitations or spam;
- advocating others to join outside groups or sign petitions;
- political solicitations;
- posts from students that do not follow the BVSD Student Conduct and Discipline Code (specifically #17 of Board Policy JDC, Student Conduct - "No student shall engage in verbal abuse either orally (including by telephone) or in writing in words or images (including by text, social media or other electronic means) including, but not limited to, swearing, screaming, obscene gestures or threats");
- made by persons masquerading as someone else or contain private, personal information without consent; or
- threats of violence.
We understand that social media is a 24/7 medium; however, our moderation capabilities are not, and we may not see every inappropriate comment right away. The Boulder Valley School District will not be responsible for content posted by our followers.
Violations of BVSD’s Social Media Practices may cause the author to be blocked from the social media page where the violation occurred.
Please Note: Our Social Media Practices may be updated at any time.