Meet the Superintendent
Dr. Rob Anderson
Dr. Rob Anderson is a passionate and dedicated educator with deep experience at every level of public education over the last twenty six years. As a teacher, an assistant principal, a principal, district level administrator and Superintendent, Rob has devoted his career to ensuring that every student is provided the access to the opportunities they need to succeed.
Over the past six years as Superintendent for the Boulder Valley School District, Rob has driven systemic change through the development and implementation of the All Together for All Students strategic plan to reduce achievement gaps, opportunity gaps and disproportionality.
Recent accomplishments include:
- Significant reductions in out-of-school suspensions, discipline disproportionality and arrests of Latinx students
- Large increases in dual enrollment/concurrent enrollment in college courses for Latinx students
- Implementation of a weighted and differentiated school funding model that provides more resources for students and schools who need it the most
- Increases in the diversity of family/community engagement through the development of the Latino Parent Advisory Council, Equity Council, Youth Equity Council and Parents of Color Council
- Expanded language services, including the first school district in Colorado to translate draft IEPs, to ensure families can participate fully.
- Named the #2 Best School District in Colorado by Niche and was twice at the top of the Forbes magazine Best Employer in Colorado (#1 in 2020 and #2 in 2023)
- 2021 NSPRA Superintendent to Watch and 2022 COSPRA Communicator of the Year
Prior to coming to Colorado, he served as the Deputy Superintendent of Academics in Fulton County, Georgia, Rob helped lead a district that has narrowed achievement gaps in the graduation rate, increased college and career readiness for students of all ages, improved ACT performance for four consecutive years, and expanded opportunities for Advanced Placement and Dual Enrollment for all students.
Rob’s passion for public education is rooted in his own experience. Growing up in poverty in a small town in Florida, Rob saw firsthand the power of education to change lives. After graduating from the University of Central Florida, Rob knew he wanted to give other students the support and opportunity his teachers gave him. He started his career as a Title I math and science teacher in Orlando, Florida, rising through the ranks of the Orange County (FL) Public School system to eventually serve as a department chair, administrative dean, assistant principal, and principal.
As principal at Lake Nona High School, Rob led the development of challenging, engaging programs that set all students up for success in higher education and the career of their choice. Among them: a Collegiate Academy that allowed students to have earned an Associates Degree when they graduated high school, a Health Career Pathway that provided students the ability to earn industry certification upon graduation, and an International Scholars program designed to prepare English Language learners for the rigors of college.
Rob was drawn to Boulder Valley School District by the shared commitment to the core values of equity and excellence. He looks forward to building on the hard work of Boulder Valley’s students, families, and educators to continue improving outcomes for all students while closing opportunity gaps.