Home > Business Services > Payroll  
Payroll Department - Help for current and prospective employees

What's New                                                               


Please note:  Our summer hours are Monday - Thursday, 7am - 5pm.  We are closed on Fridays. 

New for 2019
Tax Reform Act of 2017:  How did you do on taxes for 2018--did you pay more, or receive a larger refund, than expected?  Check out the IRS Withholding Calculator to get some help calculating the proper amount to withhold from your paychecks.  Our Tax and Net Pay Calculator will show you how your check will be affected, if you decide to make a change.  Fill out a new Form W-4 and send to Payroll by the 20th of the month, to take effect on that month's paycheck. 
Forms can be faxed to 720-561-5821, sent through District mail to Payroll, or scanned/emailed to payroll.helpdesk@bvsd.org.
Direct Deposit:  Payroll offers direct deposit to two separate accounts at financial institutions in the United States!  You can find the Direct Deposit form under Forms & How To, below right.  You can also work with your current bank to set up automatic transfers between your accounts at that bank.
Optional Retirement Savings Plans:  BVSD offers both traditional and Roth 401(k), 403(b), and 457(b) savings plans.  If you've been putting off your retirement savings, now is the time to start!  See below for further information and contacts for each of our vendors.  Look under Payroll Information for Employees, and click the Optional Retirement Savings Plan link.

Here are the 2019 annual contribution limits for BVSD-sponsored optional retirement savings plans.  The annual limit increased $500 over 2018:

  • 401(k)/403(b) combined limit:  $19,000
  • 457(b) limit:  $19,000


Employees age 50 and over are eligible to contribute an additional $6,000, increasing each limit to $25,000.

If you want to change your 401(k) or 403(b) monthly contribution, please fill out a Salary Reduction Agreement (under Forms & How To, below right) and send to the Payroll Office by the 20th of the month.

To change your 457(b) monthly contribution, you must contact your provider directly.  See your statement for contact information. 

As a reminder, changes to your 457(b) plan must be completed in the calendar month prior to the change taking effect.  Contact your provider for more details, including their monthly deadlines.  ("Changes" include new enrollment, starting/stopping contributions, changing contribution amounts.)


Forms & How To

 Contact Us:

 Payroll Helpdesk
720-561-5921 Payroll.Helpdesk@bvsd.org