As you have heard, next Tuesday, January 17th, at 8 am, the Colorado Universal Preschool Program (CUPP) parent application portal, BridgeCare, will be open for you to apply to the new Colorado preschool program. The link to BridgeCare should go live on this webpage then: https://upk.colorado.gov.
Colorado families now have the opportunity to enroll their children in the state’s new preschool program. Kids who will be four years old by October 1, 2023 will receive 15 hours of preschool for free in the Boulder Valley School District. Three-year-olds that meet specific eligibility factors may also qualify for free preschool.
Why is preschool changing?
With the passage of HB22-1295 Department Early Childhood And Universal Preschool Program, all Colorado four year olds will receive 15 hours of learning for free. Additionally, children with an Individualized Education Program (IEP) or a qualifying factor may receive up to an additional 15 learning hours for free.
Introducing BVSD Preschool Learning and Enrichment
Knowing that many of our parents and guardians work and have busy lives, we knew that it was important that we offered options to meet their needs.
As a result, we have combined the best early childhood instruction in Colorado with the enrichment-based child care from the same outstanding team that families have long counted on for Preschool Enrichment, Early Connections and School Age Care to create a seamless, child-centered approach.
How will it work?
Students who participate in BVSD’s program will attend class twice a week (Monday and Thursday or Tuesday and Friday) from bell to bell. They will then have the opportunity to enroll in enrichment from bell to bell on the days opposite Learning, along with Wednesday afternoons.
CDE licensed Early Childhood teachers will lead the Learning centers, and the Enrichment centers will be led by DEC Director Qualified preschool teachers. All centers will keep to a child to teacher ratio of no more than 10:1.
Typical Daily Schedule
Children’s success as learners is the goal of the Preschool Learning and Enrichment preschool curriculum. To accomplish successful learning, teachers foster social interaction, promote independent thinking, investigation, problem solving, and inspire confidence as young learners. The Creative Curriculum® serves as the foundation for planning inquiry based learning experiences both in and outside of the Preschool Learning and Enrichment classrooms. Click here to see the child-centered learning experiences our students will enjoy on a typical day.
Join BVSD early
The Boulder Valley School District is a leader in education and by registering for preschool in BVSD, students (even those outside of the district boundaries) will become part of the BVSD family early.
Preschool 3-year-old tuition lottery* opens 2/27/23 at 8am
- Click here for the lottery form.
- You will need a copy of your child's birth certificate and a current proof of address that shows your name and your service address (such as a utility bill).
- The lottery window closes on March 24 at 4pm.
* Children who qualify for UPK/CUPP funding do not need to enter the lottery.
Early Learning and Enrichment Sites
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why did you change the program name from Early Learning and Care to Preschool Learning and Enrichment?
- How does the matching process work for UPK once a family has ranked their programs of choice?
- What is the pricing structure for each program and how are rates determined?
- Why is BVSD preschool moving to a full-day cohort model for 23-24?
- How will you support children who may not be ready for a full-day preschool?
- What is the daily schedule for preschool?
- How do Wednesdays work?
- What types of financial assistance are available?
- Who qualifies for transportation?
- How does bussing to/from Mapleton work?
- Do you accept out-of district preschool enrollment?
- Can a family choose to enroll in an “Enrichment” only classroom?
- Do children in BVSD preschool need to be toilet trained to attend school?
- What does food service look like for Preschool?
- Will there be preferred spots/tuition for staff members who need all day childcare coverage
- What is the Preschool procedure if BVSD has a two-hour delayed start?
- What are the Enrichment absence policies?
- Which entity licenses the Preschool programs?