The purpose of the Athletic Review Committee is to serve as an advisory committee to assist in identifying, reviewing, prioritizing, and providing recommendations to the District Athletic Director regarding the direction of BVSD high school athletic programming. We aim to deliver diverse, inclusive, and equitable opportunities for all student athletes. “All Together for All Students”.
- The six BVSD High School Principals
- The six BVSD High School Athletic Directors
- One community member
- One member of the BVSD Board of Education
- The Director of Athletics and Activities for the BVSD
As the committee sets agenda items we will seek the input from recommended students, coaches, parents, and community members as needed to serve on sub-committees. We will be looking for individuals to serve on the committee who (1) represent their community (2) would advocate for improving the student-athlete’s experience (3) would provide diverse perspectives.
|Alana Morales||Principal||Boulder High|
|Ryan Bishop||Athletic Director||Boulder High|
|Ginger Ramsey||Principal||Broomfield High|
|Steve Shelton||Athletic Director||Broomfield High|
|Dan Ryan||Principal||Centaurus High|
|Emmy Murphy||Athletic Director||Centaurus High|
|Scarlet Chopin||Principal||Fairview High|
|Nicolas Kosovich||Athletic Director||Fairview High|
|Mark Sibley||Principal||Monarch High|
|Eric Gustafson||Athletic Director||Monarch High|
|Gavan Goodrich||Principal||Nederland High|
|Sean DePaula||Athletic Director||Nederland High|
|Dave Callan||Community||CU, Boulder|
|Stacey Zis||Board Member||BVSD|
|Harry Waterman||Director of Athletic/Activities||BVSD|
As the conclusion of the first year of the Athletic Review Committee, it made the following recommendations to the BVSD Board of Education.
- Administer post-season survey, instead of end of year survey to improve participation
- Conduct focus group or exit interviews
- Solicit feedback on concussion management
- Use data to pinpoint improvement in 3 major areas, measure area of success and prevailing needs at each school
- Update report January 2019 and present comparison data August 2019 to Board of Education
BVSD accepted the committee's feedback. In addition to conducting surveys, athletic directors at each school developed action plans and in May 2019 they returned to the Board of Education to provide an update regarding those proposed actions and progress already being made.