Welcome to Community Schools!
On behalf of the entire Community Schools team, it is my pleasure to welcome you.
Community Schools is a department within the District’s Business Services unit. Our mission is to provide high-quality educational, enrichment, and licensed child care programs to our students and families while also serving as good stewards of our District’s assets. Our programs operate in almost every Boulder Valley school. We have partnerships with organizations and municipalities in every community in our District. Community Schools help fund programs and resources at the school and district levels that benefit the students of Boulder Valley School District.
There are currently eight programs operating within Community Schools:
- School Age Care (SAC) provides licensed child care and enrichment for students at our elementary and K-8 schools.
- PreSchool Enrichment (formerly Color Me Smart) offers licensed early childhood child care and enrichment for three- and four-year-olds.
- Early Connections Infant and Toddler Care provides licensed early childhood child care for children ages six weeks to 36 months.
- Lifelong Learning offers a variety of enrichment courses for students and adults.
- Community Use (formerly Facility Use) provides community groups, organizations, and businesses with access to our facilities through a variety of rental options. Community Use also coordinates joint use agreements that benefit the students and youth residing in Boulder Valley.
- Community Connections offers a digital space for tutors, counselors, artists, organizations, and businesses to advertise their services to our families.
- BVSD Online offers credit-bearing courses in a flexible and fully digital learning environment for students looking to take additional courses beyond their typical full-time course load.
- BVSD Print Shop provides high-quality printed products from business cards to copies and posters to newsletters for our schools, departments and community members.
Please take some time to explore the Community Schools websites linked below to learn more about us.
We are always looking for ways to partner with our students, families, and communities. If you have an idea, please reach out. We are listening!