Who is eligible for BVSD benefits?
Employees working in a regular position, lasting longer than 60 days, assigned 0.5 full time equivalent FTE (20 hrs/week) or greater are eligible for Boulder Valley School District employee benefits. Benefits start the first day of the month following the employee's first day of work. New employees have 30 days, from their first day of work, to submit their online enrollment forms, to elect enrollment in the health, dental and/or vision plans. Enrollment is not automatic.
Eligible employees are automatically enrolled in the Employee Assistance Program, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance. Life insurance coverage is $50,000. These programs are paid 100% by BVSD.
Eligible dependents are spouse/domestic partner, children under age 26 and disabled dependents of any age. Appropriate documentation is required to add dependents (i.e. marriage certificate and birth certificate).
Who is not eligible for BVSD benefits?
Substitutes, community school building monitors, summer grounds workers, student workers, interns, extra-duty contracts, and as needed positions are not benefit eligible.
- Health Coverage with UMR or Kaiser Permanente for Eligible Employees - 100% of employee premium on the Silver Plans is covered by BVSD; for Gold Plans employee pays $25 monthly premium for employee only coverage. Dependents paid by employee.
- Dental Coverage with Delta Dental – 100% of employee premium paid by BVSD, dependents paid by employee
- Voluntary Vision Coverage with EyeMed - paid by employee
- Supplemental Life Insurance – Up to $250,000 additional coverage
- Aflac – Accident and critical illness voluntary benefits
- Identity Theft Protection - Allstate Identity Protection
- Flexible Spending Plans - Cover eligible medical and childcare expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Retirement Savings Plans – 401(k), 403(b) & 457 options (Traditional and Roth)
Other Employee Benefits
- Nurse Care Coach – Health coaching for UMR-covered employees
- The Zero Card - Covers services like imaging, lab work and surgery- for UMR covered members
- BVSD Save$ - your very own employee discount program
- EcoPass - Unlimited access to all local, express, and regional bus and light rail routes in the Denver Metro area.
BVSD Benefits Guides
- 2022-2023 Benefits Guide (Plan Year July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023)
- 2023-2024 Benefits Guide (Plan Year July 1, 2023 - June 30, 2024)
UMR/UHC Transparency in Coverage
United Healthcare Transparency in Coverage Documents can be found at the link below:
United Healthcare Transparency in Coverage Documents