Who is eligible for BVSD benefits?
Employees working in a regular position, lasting longer than 60 days, assigned .5 FTE (20 hrs/week) or greater are eligible for BVSD employee benefits.
Substitutes, community school building monitors, summer grounds workers, student workers, interns, extra-duty contracts, as needed positions are not benefit eligible. Benefits start the first day of the month following the employee's first day of work.
New employees have 30 days, from their first day of work, to submit their online enrollment forms, to elect enrollment in the health, dental and/or vision plans.
Eligible employees are automatically enrolled in EAP, LTD and Life Insurance. Life insurance is $50,000.
Eligible dependents are spouse/domestic partner, children under age 26 and disabled dependents of any age. Appropriate documentation is required to add dependents (i.e. marriage certificate and birth certificate).
- Health Coverage for all employees – 100% of employee premium paid by BVSD, dependents paid by employee
- Dental Coverage – 100% of employee premium paid by BVSD, dependents paid by employee
- Voluntary Vision Coverage with EyeMed - paid by employee
- Supplemental Life Insurance – Up to $250,000 additional coverage
- Aflac – Accident and critical illness voluntary benefits
- Identity Theft Protection- InfoArmor
- Flexible Spending Plans - Cover eligible medical and childcare expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Retirement Savings Plans – Traditional and Roth
Other Employee Benefits
- Nurse Care Coach – Health coaching for UMR-covered employees
- The Zero Card - Covers services like imaging, lab work and surgery- for UMR covered members
- BVSD Save$ - your very own employee discount program
- EcoPass - Unlimited access to all local, express, and regional bus and light rail routes in the Denver Metro area.
Refer to the BVSD Benefits Guide 2022-2023 for more specific information. Find COBRA Rates for 2022-2023 here.
Transparency in Coverage
United Healthcare Transparency in Coverage Documents can be found at the link below: