WE ARE SAFELY WELCOMING STUDENTS BACK TO SCHOOL AND LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO HELP MAKE A DIFFERENCE: Ever thought about becoming a substitute teacher? If so, now is the time to step up for students! BVSD is experiencing a shortage of substitutes and teachers need support now more than ever.
- All substitute teachers in the Boulder Valley School District must hold a current Colorado teaching license or a Colorado Substitute Authorization of three or five years, issued by the Colorado Department of Education, and a bachelor's degree. For more information on this, visit the CDE Licensing web page.
- One year substitute authorizations will be granted in special circumstances
- Licensed substitutes may sub for teachers and paraeducators
- Paraeducator substitutes support BVSD's intensive learning programs
- A substitute authorization is not required
- Paraeducator substitutes can only substitute for paraeducators
In-Person Substitute Assignments
- Full Day: $140
- Half Day: $75
Virtual Substitute Assignments
- Full Day: $100
- Half Day: $55
Long Term Substitute Assignments (licensed only)
- First 10 days are paid at the rates described above
- Beginning on day 11, the daily rate is $140 for full day; $75 for half day whether in-person or virtual
- Apply for a Substitute Authorization through the Colorado Department of Education if you are applying as a licensed substitute (A current CO teaching license also qualifies)
- Apply to the Substitute Teacher 2020-2021 or the Paraeducator Substitute job vacancy by submitting a BVSD online application.
- Attend a BVSD Substitute Orientation (Virtual)
That is all it takes! Substitute teaching is a wonderful way you can earn money, influence lives, and make a difference!
STEDI offers a variety of great training tools that are beneficial for substitute teachers. Visit stedi.org to learn about the courses they offer and sign up for a free newsletter with helpful hints and activities.
We are now hiring substitute teachers. Apply today!
Set up new BVSD network account from home
This document explains how to set up your new BVSD network account, reset your password, and access your Gmail from home.
SmartFind Express Sub Request WebCenter
Search the BVSD SmartFind Express substitute management system for jobs or update your profile.
Sub Request Quick Reference Card - Substitutes
Download this PDF reference guide for substitutes using the Sub Request system.
Please click on this link to find directions to individual BVSD schools.
Download this PDF reference guide for employees using the Sub Request system.