Student, Family and Community Technical Resources
Available Internet Options
- Home Internet Troubleshooting Guide
- ConnectMe (LiveWire)
- Xfinity's WiFi
- Set Up Your Phone as a Personal Hotspot
- Internet Options for Families with Demonstrated Need
- Keep Americans Connected Pledge
Home Internet Troubleshooting Guide
ConnectME is a public-private partnership between BVSD and Livewire Networks that was approved on April 14, 2020. This service provides free broadband internet access to qualifying families across the district. For more information about this program please review the information below:
- ConnectME Infographic
- BVSD Internet Options Flyer
- ConnectME (Live Wire Networks) website
- ConnectME (Livewire Networks) phone number: 303-458-5667
How to access Xfinity wifi from your computer, tablet, or phone Xfinity’s WiFi
Xfinity WiFi hotspots located in businesses and outdoor locations across the country will be available to anyone who needs them for free – including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers.Search for a hotspot near you.
Enable WiFi on your wireless device
Select “xfinitywifi” in your list of available networks
Launch a browser on your device
For a printable version of these directions, please click here
Set Up Your Phone as a Personal Hotspot
How to set up a hotspot
A personal hotspot lets you share the cellular data connection of your iPhone or Android phone when you don't have access to a Wi-Fi network.
How to set up a personal hotspot on an iPhone
- Go to Settings > Cellular or Settings > Personal Hotspot
- Tap the slider next to Allow Others to Join
How to set up a personal hotspot on an Android phone
- Open your phone’s Settings app
- Tap Network & internet And then Hotspot & tethering And then Wi-Fi hotspot
- Tap Turn on Wi-Fi hotspot
Click the link for easily translatable Android or iOS directions
For a printable version of these directions, please click here
Internet Options for Families with Demonstrated Need
Contact BVSD IT Department
Your family may qualify for one of BVSD’s other options for district-sponsored internet access. Call the BVSD IT Department at at 720-561-HELP (4357) and they will work with you to find out what options are available .
- • T Mobile and Verizon Hotspots**
- • Comcast Internet Essentials**
Options Available to Qualified Families
**Your family may be qualified if you are eligible for public assistance programs like the National School Lunch Program, housing assistance, Medicaid, SNAP, SSI, and others. Service availability dependent on household location and service provider coverage area.
Keep Americans Connected Pledge
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and the challenges that many Americans will face in the coming months, FCC Chairman Ajit Pai recently announced the Keep Americans Connected Initiative. In order to ensure that Americans do not lose their broadband or telephone connectivity as a result of these exceptional circumstances, he specifically asked broadband and telephone service providers, and trade associations, to take the Keep Americans Connected Pledge. Thirty-one companies serving Colorado have signed this list. For a complete list click this link, Scroll down to “Colorado companies that have taken the Keep Americans Connected Pledge (click to expand)
In addition, individuals or families may qualify for LifeLine. Apply for LifeLine HERE. For cell phone and internet coverage, you will need to go through companies that are contracted with LifeLine. For a list of Colorado companies, click HERE
After qualifying, call the provider and ask
How many minutes they get per month?
How much data do they get per month?
Can I use my current phone?
Do I get a free phone, if not, how much is the phone?
Lifeline will reimburse the cost of the phone and the internet to the customer.
General IT Support
General IT Support
- Questions or Need Help?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- GoGuardian Classroom Management Tool
- Filtering and GoGuardian
- Security Tips and Reminders
- Things to remember
- Usernames and passwords for student in Grades Pre K-4
- Managing Passwords (Single Sign-On portal) for Grades 5-12
- Home Internet Troubleshooting guide
- Navigating the Infinite Campus Parent portal
Questions or Need Help?
Questions or need help?
Connect with our Service Desk via live chat or by entering a ticket at help.bvsd.org by logging in with a student account. You can also call 720-561-HELP to speak to a technician. Our Service Desk hours are Monday-Friday, 7:00 am - 4:30 pm.
Frequently Asked Questions
Password problems for students Grades 6-12Your child manages his/her own password. Please follow the steps in this document to reset the password. We are not able to reset passwords via email for security reasons so please reach out to our Service Desk so they can verify identity and get the password reset. They can be reached at 720-561-HELP M-F 7:00-4:30. Also, any teacher can also reset the password which would bypass your need to call us.
Passwords for students Grades PK-2
The password is 123456.c with the numbers being the child's student ID number.
Passwords for students Grades 3-5
The password is bvsd123456.c with the numbers being the child's student ID number.
Please try some of the troubleshooting steps in this document. Primarily, #4 is a big help for many issues. If this does not work, please reach out to our IT Service Desk to further troubleshoot or to schedule a delivery of a replacement device. Technicians are available Monday-Friday from 7:00 am-4:30 pm and they can be reached at 720-561-HELP.
Need a device
If your child missed the deployment or needs a loaner device, please call the IT Service Desk at 720-561-HELP M-F 7:00-4:30 and provide the following information and we will get a delivery scheduled for you:
Student's full name, School, and grade
Best contact phone number
Please call the IT Service Desk at 720-561-HELP M-F 7:00-4:30 and provide the following information and we will get a home delivery device swap scheduled for you:
- Student's full name, School, and grade
- Asset tag number (little blue sticker on the bottom of the device)
- Best contact phone number
- Home address
- Describe the problem
Google Meet issuesThis is an issue on Google's end and it has been escalated. They are working on the problem but in the meantime, the only workaround is to have the teacher use "add a person" to allow your child to rejoin. We are hoping for a resolution from Google soon.
Changing in-person/online learning preferences
Please reach out to the office staff or registrar at your child's school. They can update that preference for you
GoGuardian Classroom Management Tool
The Go Guardian Classroom management tool is an extension that is added to the BVSD student account. When and if the teacher initiates a Go Guardian session, the tool will be enabled only on chrome with the student's account during the teacher's classroom time. The classroom management is a tool that a teacher can choose to use during instructional time. The management software is only available for teachers to use, if desired, during the 7:30 - 4:00 time frame. Since remote learning is an extension of the classroom, this tool provides the teacher with additional resources that can support home learning. One of the reasons this tool was selected was the desire to help teachers manage classroom digital work by;
- visually assess and respond to your child’s progress during class time (assist and help if needed to get students to the right location, help them access the site or tools so less instructional time is used trying to get to the needed digital resource)
- Easily distribute teacher determined online resources to your child (helping to redirect students to the online resources needed for classroom discussion by being able to send that URL to all students easily)
- Monitor activity on student devices and intervene if content unrelated to the learning goal is being accessed
- Focus your child’s/children’s learning experience and age-appropriate online resources as determined by their teacher
The request for classroom management software was determined by parent requests to the school board to help students focus on educational digital content addressed in class. A few software titles were looked at and piloted in 2019 and Go Guardian was the selected tool for classroom management software. It was brought to the board for approval and purchased in March 2019. In order to be a vendor with BVSD, all vendors must adhere to the Colorado Data Privacy Act and sign an addendum with BVSD, here is the information for that agreement with BVSD and Go Guardian.
We created this info sheet to clarify for students and parents how the classroom management tool is used during instructional time. One last piece of information, this is a tool that is available for teachers and is only implemented when and if the teacher starts a session.
Filtering and GoGuardian
Last school year, 12 schools piloted the GoGuardian software which serves dual purposes. The first is the classroom management tool. This function allows teachers to monitor students’ screens from their own as well as give customized support to students. The second tool allows 24 hour filtering on BVSD devices and/or if a student is logged into their BVSD account on the Google Chrome browser. This product works as an additional web filter to block inappropriate sites when students are logged into their BVSD accounts on BVSD chromebooks.
If you would like more information regarding this software, as well as information to opt your student out of the filtering tool, see this parent information letter and fact sheet that were emailed out at the start of school to the new schools and pilot schools last year.
MORE INFORMATION: Go Guardian Information Sheet
Security Tips and Reminders
The BVSD Service Desk will never ask you for your credentials (including your password), or other confidential information.
The BVSD Service Desk will not initiate direct contact with you, via email or telephone, unless you have submitted a service request, or have an ongoing service request open. The BVSD service desk should initiate a call by providing a recap with details regarding your exact request and not generic information. If you have any doubt that you are not communicating with the real BVSD service desk, you can terminate the call or email communication at any time, and call our service desk directly at 720-561-HELP (4357) to verify authenticity.
Be vigilant with any work related email or alerts, by looking for warning banners, clicking the drop down arrow under sender, then "show details" to verify the sending email address matches the display name, and hovering over any quick links to verify they are taking you to official BVSD websites and services.
Please visit the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency for updates on COVID-19 and potential cyber scams.
Things to remember
BVSD and the student agree to the following:
- The device including accessories (collectively referred to as the “Device”) being lent is identified by the BVSD Asset Tag Number
- The Device is managed and owned by BVSD. All of BVSD’s management software is included on the Device and may not be removed from the Device under any circumstance. The Device is to be prepared for academic use at all times.
- If the student leaves the school district prior to the end of the term, the Device must immediately be returned to BVSD. If the Device is not returned the student will be responsible for the original cost of the Device.
- The student agrees to return the Device within seven (7) days of notification from BVSD, or when BVSD’s normal school schedule resumes, whichever is earlier. If the Device is not returned at the requested date, the student will be responsible for reimbursing BVSD the original cost of the Device.
- The student will reimburse BVSD for any Device repair costs incurred due to damage, not to exceed the original Device cost.
- In the event of a theft of the Device, the student must report to BVSD immediately and may be required to complete a police report. At BVSD’s discretion, a new Device may be issued to the student.
- The student shall not deface the Device in any way that is including, but not limited to, adding stickers, drawing on the Device or modifying the exterior or hardware of the Device. If the Device is defaced, the student will be responsible for the original Device cost.
Usernames and passwords for student in Grades Pre K-4
If you're not sure of your student's username, you can find that information in your Infinite Campus parent portal by clicking on "More" on the left-hand side and choosing BVSD Student ID and Account.
To ensure the security of all BVSD accounts, passwords for Pre K-4 students were changed to the latest password standard on August 3, 2020. Please login to the Infinite Campus parent portal to view the new standard.
When signing into computers for the first time after the password change, it will ask you for the old password. If you cannot remember the old password click “Can’t remember old password?” and “Proceed anyway,” and you will be able to log in with the new credentials.
For questions or support, please reach out to our IT Service Desk at 720-561-HELP. Our team is available Monday - Friday from 7:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Managing Passwords (Single Sign-On portal) for Grades 5-12
Features of managing passwords in the Single Sign-On Portal for Grades 5-12 ONLY:
Enrollment happens automatically the first time you login to the Classlink Launchpad Portal Account set up instructions can be found here
- If you reset your password on a BVSD Chromebook:
- Restart your Chromebook
- Update your password on the Chromebook
Home Internet Troubleshooting guide
Navigating the Infinite Campus Parent portal
Help is Here
- Questions about academics?
- Start with your teacher
- If you need further help, reach out to your principal.
- IT trouble?
- Visit bvsd.org/ithelp for tips
- Contact the IT Service Desk at 720-561-HELP
- Need emotional/counseling support?
- Reach out to your school counselor
- If you or someone in your family is experiencing a crisis please call Colorado Crisis Services at: 1-844-493-TALK (8255) or text Text “TALK” to 38255 for free confidential support 24/7
- Questions about health issues?
- Contact your school nurse
- Call our Health Services Dept at 720-561- 5544 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have a need that your school cannot address, please contact the Family Help Line at 720-770-0102 and leave a message with your full name and what you need assistance with. A bilingual member of our Equity & Partnerships team will return your call promptly.
my.bvsd.org is still your student's one-stop-shop to easily and securely access your BVSD applications.