Welcome to the BVSD Parent Page for Special Education. This is where we post information about our current classes, presentations and events.
Parent Networks Groups meet monthly to guide parents to work with their children on independent living skills along with sharing resources, information and experiences.
On the Road: Transition to Adulthood video series for parents of teens/young adults with significant support needs.
- Transition to High School for students served through an ILC
- Medicaid Waivers with Imagine
- Social Security Benefits
- Vocational Opportunities with SWAP & DVR
- Guardianship, College, Financial Planning, Transportation and more
- Guide to Navigating Adult Services in Boulder & Broomfield Counties is a guidebook created by parents to help other parents with accessing adult services and supports for teens with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities.
Transition Workshops for parents of students with mild to moderate support needs:
Noontime Knowledge Education Webinar Series
- 2E Talk: What is a Twice-Exceptional Learner?
- 2E Talk: Myths & Misconceptions
- 2E Talk: Supports for School and Home
- Preparing for After High School: Inside BVSD
- Preparing for After High School: Beyond BVSD with Transcripción en español
- Preparing for After High School: Getting Ready (slide deck w/resources)
- Bridging Medical & Educational Needs and Transcripción en español
Help for Families in our ILCs
Families who have children with significant support needs may be able to get help from Imagine (our local Community Centered Board serving people with Intellectual /Developmental Disabilities) but you have to be enrolled in Imagine in order to get emergency funding or possible in-person respite. Here is a letter explaining Imagine's services The Spanish version is here.
If a student is not eligible for Imagine, has autism and lives in Boulder County, they may be able to access funding through Imagine's autism program.
Employment Supports for Young Adults
The InterAgency Transition Team has created a series of posters to support young adults as they transition to adulthood.
- Employment Supports for Young Adults
- Getting the Job Done: Financial Literacy
- Getting the Job Done: Organization
- Getting the Job Done: Communication
Inclusive Practices Materials