Wednesday, October 6, 2021
Bicycle and Pedestrian Videos
Teaching Bicycle and Pedestrian Skills Remotely
While we are not able to visit PE classes right now with our BLAST and Bikeology programs, we thought it would be helpful to families and teachers if we compiled resources that cover many of the topics we teach to BVSD students. Check out the video library below, organized by topic.
Additionally, the Colorado Department of Transportation in collaboration with the Colorado Department of Education has published bikeped lesson plans for grades K-8.
Now is the perfect time to incorporate biking and walking into your daily routine!
- Helmet Check
- Bike Fit
- Bike Check and Fix a Flat
- Starting and Stopping
- Understanding the Rules of the Road
- Scanning and Signaling
- Increasing your Visibility
- Navigating Intersections and Lane Positioning
- How to Avoid the Most Common Bicycle Crashes by Kids
- Locking Your Bike
- Riding on Sidewalks
- Trail Etiquette
- Teach a New Rider How to Ride a Bike
Winter Bike to Work Day
Friday, February 11, 2022
April 18-22, 2022
BVSD Bike to School Day
Wednesday, April 20, 2022