Welcome to the Boulder Valley School District. We provide transportation to those registered students who are eligible as defined in BVSD Board of Education Policies.
Who is Eligible for Busing?
Eligibility is defined as:
- Living at an address within the attendance boundary for your school of attendance.
- Living outside the walk distance boundary defined for your school.
- Walk distances are defined as the shortest street and/or walk path distance outward from the school.
- Walk distances are defined by policy for different grade divisions as follows:
- PK: 1.0 mi.
- K-5: 1.5 mi.
- 6-8: 2.0 mi.
- 9-12: 2.5 mi.
- Some special programs provide eligibility based on student needs and other criteria.
Where to Start?
1. Your School
The first place to check to see if there is bus transportation from your neighborhood to your school is with the office at your school. They have school bus route information and can provide stop locations, stop times, and route number information.
2. Our Terminals
If your student is newly registered within the last week or two, and their information has been entered into our Student Information System (Infinite Campus, which is also know as "IC") then the school may not have the specific information for your student. In this case, please call the Transportation Terminal that serves your geographic area:
Serving the western portion of the district and the foothills.
Serving the eastern portion of the district, Superior, and Broomfield.
Serving Nederland and the Peak to Peak, Hwy 72 corridors.
If your student is eligible for transportation and registered in the student information system (“IC”) terminal personnel can assign your student to a bus and provide the stop locations, times, and route number for your student’s services.