Step 1 - Choose Your Course
Discuss the College Before Graduation Program with your parent/guardian. Meet with your counselor to determine if the courses you want to take will work with your high school schedule. If you are not sure which courses to take, reach out to MSU for more direction on career pathways.
MSU Undergraduate Catalog
Step 2 - Apply to MSU
Complete Concurrent/Dual Enrollment Application
- When you receive an acceptance email from MSU, you will receive a student ID# (900#). Save this email for future reference. It has steps for setting up an account and password which will allow you to access your Student Hub and Canvas.
Step 3: Complete Request Form
Complete the BVSD District 'College Before Graduation Request Form' for the semester you are requesting. This needs to be completed every semester.
Summer 2023 Fall 2023 Spring 2024
Step 4: Complete CBG Agreement
Complete the BVSD District 'College Before Graduation Agreement' which must be signed by you, your parent/guardian, and your high school counselor. When you have the signatures, your counselor will submit the form to the Career and College Connections office. This Agreement needs to be completed every semester.
CBG Agreement ACUERDO CBG
Step 5 - Register for Classes
When steps 3 and 4 are complete, you will receive an email from the Career and College Connections office letting you know that you have been approved and what are the required next steps. Please email CareerandCollege@bvsd.org if you are close to the deadline to apply and you have not received an email. You are responsible for working with the college, registering for the approved course(s), and paying the appropriate tuition and/or fees.
Turn in your course schedule to your high school counselor. Continue to communicate with your counselor and parents/guardian on your progress. We want you to be successful, so if you are struggling with the course, let us know early on so we can help you to find the support you need.
- Buy your textbooks and pay any of the required student fees.
- Login to Canvas on the first day of class, regardless when your class starts
- Remember to check your MSU email frequently.
- The course syllabus that the teacher provides lists all of the reading and course assignments. Check the syllabus daily to stay on top of what needs to be done. Also, when the class is finished, save the syllabus in an electronic file - you may need it when transferring the credit to a university!