Concurrent enrollment allows students to earn college and high school credits simultaneously. Students may significantly reduce their college expenses, increase the likelihood that they will complete college, and earn marketable workforce skills by taking concurrent enrollment courses. BVSD offers a variety of ways for students to earn these credits.
In order to participate in this program, please see the information below. All courses must be approved by the student's high school counselor.
Deadlines to turn all paperwork into your counselor are:
- For Fall courses: May 1
- For Spring courses: November 1
- For ASCENT: February 1 (of your senior year)
- For Summer courses: March 15
Step 1: Meet with your counselor to discuss appropriate course options.
Step 2: Complete the google form provided by the counselor.
Step 4: After your counselor has approved your course selection, you are responsible for working with the college, registering for the approved course(s), and paying the appropriate tuition and/or fees. See this CU checklist / FRCC checklist for more details.
Step 5: Turn in your course schedule to your high school counselor.
* IMPORTANT: If you have specific, individual needs (i.e. 504 or IEP), you must contact CU’s/FRCC's Office of Disability Services to learn about how your needs will be met.
- What age/grade requirements are there for the program?
- What types of classes can students take through this program?
- What costs are students/families responsible for?
- How is it determined if a student qualifies for the program?
- How many CE courses can a student take per semester?
- Am I guaranteed a seat in courses approved by BVSD?
- Is tuition for summer courses covered?
- Why do I see the full tuition amount on my bill?
Tuition: BVSD pays only the local community college tuition rate (after COF is applied), regardless of which college or university the student attends. For example, tuition for approved courses taken at Front Range Community College are fully covered, but families will now be responsible for the additional tuition costs of any other public post-secondary institution.
Concurrent Enrollment Administrative Assistant