BVSD Annual Data Update
The online ADU system has replaced the paper registration process throughout the district. The ADU allows you to review the data we currently have for your student(s) and household. You are able to request changes and updates if needed. This process also allows you to electronically complete and submit the Parent/Student Sign-Off Sheet from the Student Rights and Responsibilities Guide. Your child’s school may have other site-specific forms that you will be asked to complete later.
Note that the Annual Data Update system is only accessible to parents in a student’s primary household. If your child has a secondary household, please update the information for that additional household as well while you are completing the Annual Data Update for your student(s).
- Step 1: Ask yourself some questions first
- Step 2: Setting up an Infinite Campus Parent Portal Account
- Step 3: Login to Infinite Campus Parent Portal
- Step 4: Start the ADU Application
- Step 5: Complete the Six ADU Tabs
- Is your student already enrolled in BVSD?
If not, you must complete Online Registration (OLR) rather than Annual Data Update (ADU).
- If your student has multiple households (for example, if parents are divorced), do you know if you are the primary or the secondary household?
It is a limitation of the Infinite Campus system, that only primary households are able to update household information through the ADU process. If you are the secondary household, you can still update your household information by contacting your registrar.
- Has your address changed?
If so, you will be required to submit a recent utility bill (within the last 3 months) to verify your new address. If your new address is outside of your student’s current neighborhood area, in the next school year, your student may be moved to the school assigned to your new neighborhood area unless you Open Enroll to your student’s current school.
- Have you created your Infinite Campus Parent Portal account yet?
- If yes, skip Step 2 and proceed to Step 3 (in tab below).
- If no, see instructions and proceed to Step 2 (in tab below).
To set up a Parent Portal account, you will need an activation key. The activation key should have been sent to the email account you have registered with the school, but a school registrar or community liaison will also be able to give it to you.
Go to the Infinite Campus Student/Parent Portal.
- Click on “New User,” and enter your Campus Portal Activation Key on the next screen.
- You will be prompted to create your own username and password, and to set up security features, which you will use for future access to the IC Portal and Mobile App.
- Go to the Infinite Campus Student/Parent Portal.
If you have forgotten your password or username: click on the links that appear for "Forgot password?" or "Forgot username?" and follow prompts
- Once logged in, if you need to change your default language for your Parent Portal, click on the user shadow at the top right corner then select "Language".
3. Next click on the preferred language and click save.
- While in your Parent Portal account in IC, click on the link at the bottom of the menu bar for the “More”.
2. Then scroll down to the bottom and click on "Annual Data Update ADU".
3. Click the “Begin Registration” button.
4. Select your preferred language.
5. Fill in your first and last name as a virtual signature. This virtual signature states that you have permission to update this information and that the information you provide is accurate to the best of your knowledge.
6. Click Begin
- Student Primary Household
- Emergency Contact
- Other Household
- Review Documents and Links
On each of the six tabs, the information that BVSD currently has for your household will appear automatically. You only need to change this information if it needs to be updated (phone numbers, emergency contacts, addresses, household members etc.). Otherwise, you will just be asked to confirm that it is correct.
Required fields will be marked with a red asterisk(*).
Each tab will have multiple sections. Click on each to check which information needs to be updated.
Click on each of the sections to check your information and update as needed.
Verify home phone number and then “Click Next.”
- Verify address and then “Click Next.” If the address we have is not current, check the box to enter the new address.
- Once the box has been checked indicating a change of address, new fields will appear. Enter the date that the previous address became inactive and then enter the new address.
- Upload a recent utility bill by clicking the upload icon, which will then allow you to find the file on your computer. If you don’t have access to a scanner, you can always bring in the utility bill to your student’s school Registrar or email the school Registrar a picture of the bill.
- Once you have verified and updated your household information, press “Save and Continue” to proceed to the next tab.
- Click on Edit/Review so you can review your personal information. If the student has more than one household, you will only be able to see the information about your household.
- Click on each of the sections to check your information and update as needed.
- Verify the parent/guardians listed on the Demographics section.
- If the student’s household has been split into two households recently, the box should be unchecked for the parent who has moved (see below). When you uncheck the box, the page will expand allowing you to enter the new address or check the box “I will not provide an address for this parent”.
- Verify your contact information on the Contact Information section.
- Verify the parent/guardian’s information on the Migrant Worker section.
- Verify the parent/guardian’s information on the Volunteer section.
- Once all of the sections under the Parent/Guardian tab have been reviewed, click on “Save/Continue” to move to the next tab.
- Verify the parent/guardians listed on the Demographics section.
- Click on “Edit/Review” to review the information for all of the current Emergency Contacts.
- Verify the Demographics section of the emergency contact.
- If you want to remove an individual as an emergency contact, check the appropriate box.
- Verify the Contact Information section of the emergency contact.
- Click on “Save/Continue”. This will take you back to the Emergency Contact Tab.
- Click Edit/Review for each of the Emergency Contacts listed to check your information and make updates as needed.
- To add a new Emergency Contact click on the “Add New Emergency Contact” button and enter your name and contact information.
- Once all of the Emergency Contact information has been updated click the “Save/Continue” icon to move to the next tab.
This tab shows siblings who are not currently enrolled in a BVSD school, and may also include students you have newly enrolled but are not yet active in a school
- Review and add any siblings who are not listed.
- Once all the information on this tab has been reviewed, click “Save/Continue.”
- Click Edit/Review for the first student listed.
- Proceed through each of the sections by clicking “Next” at the bottom of each section.
- Verify the student’s Demographics.
- Verify Race Ethnicity
- Verify Relationships
Make sure to verify the relationship for each individual under each section.
- If your household has been split into two households, make sure that the “Secondary Household” box is checked next to the parent who heads the secondary household on the "Relationships - Parent/Guardians" section.
- Emergency Contacts
- Other Household
- Verify Health Services
- Emergency Information
- Medical or Mental Health Conditions
- Medications and Immunizations
- Click on “Upload Immunizations”, which will allow you to find the document in your files. If you don’t have an electronic version of your child’s immunization records, you can bring them into your child’s school Registrar.
- Complete Release Agreements
- Under the Technology section you will need to check Both boxes and sign the page with the cursor.
- Click “Save/Continue” and “Save/Continue” again at the Student tab. Lastly, click “Submit”
Who should fill out the ADU?
Parents/Guardians in the students primary household. Secondary household parents/guardians can update information directly with the student's school's Registrar.
When should the ADU be completed?
Each year when it is released, usually in Spring or Summer, before the next school year begins.
How many times can I fill out the ADU?
One ADU is filled out for each household, once per year - all students are included.
How long does the ADU take to complete?
If there are no changes to report, families will click "save" on each page, which will take less than a minute to complete. If families have changes to report, it may take between 5 - 10 minutes to complete.
Do I need to wait until my child visits the doctor's office to upload the immunization record?
No, you may complete the ADU, then email your child's school's Health Clerk to provide the updated immunization record once you have obtained it.
If no information has changed for my family, do I still need to fill this out?
Yes. BVSD requests that all families fill this out each year to ensure accurate data for each student. You would simply confirm the information on each page and submit.
How can I return to the ADU if I need to step away from it?
If you have not yet completed the ADU, you may log back into your parent portal account and resume your update later. Once you have completed/submitted the ADU, you will need to contact your student's school's Registrar with any changes.
When I open the ADU from my Infinite Campus Parent Portal, I see a blank screen. Why?
- You may be listed as a secondary household guardian for the child in our student data system. Our software allows only primary household guardians to submit open enrollment applications through their Infinite Campus Parent Portal. Secondary household parents/guardians can update information directly with the school's Registrar.
- You may not be linked as a parent/guardian to the child in our student data system. Please see your child's school's Registrar to correct this error. The BVSD Enrollment Department may also assist in the event the schools are closed. Once you are linked, you can proceed with the ADU.
- You may have your own profile linked to an employee account (if current/prior BVSD employee) or the profile may be linked to your own student profile if you previously attended schools in BVSD. Please see your child's school's Registrar to correct this. The BVSD Enrollment Department may also assist in the event the schools are closed. Once corrected, you can proceed with the ADU.
- You or another primary household guardian may already have completed the ADU for the coming school year.
I can't find the link to the Annual Data Update in my Infinite Campus Parent Portal account, where is it?
Once logged in, scroll down to the bottom of the left hand index and click on the word "more". This will take you to the second page of your parent account, where you will see the link. You can also refer to step 4 in the "Instructions" section above for a visual.
My username or login are not working; where can I find help?
Go to www.bvsd.org and click on the "paper clip" icon in the upper right. The first drop down is "Infinite Campus Parent Portal". When you click on this, it takes you to a log-in screen, where there are tools to choose if you cannot remember your username or your password. If you still require assistance, contact your student's school's Registrar.
I am a new user, I do not have the activation key mentioned; where can I find help?
If you have NOT yet set up your Parent Portal in Infinite Campus, you should have received an email recently with a Campus Portal Activation Key and instructions. The subject line of the email would have been "Message from BVSD - your access to Infinite Campus Parent Portal" and the sender email address was email@example.com. Please refer to that email to set up your Parent Portal, then return to these directions on how to complete your family's Annual Data Update.
If you do not have a portal yet and you did not receive an email with activation key, please contact BVSD IT Service Desk at 720-561-HELP (4357) or email IT@bvsd.org
The ADU is not accepting my documentation, what can I do?
You can resize your documents to make them smaller (maximum of 5MB or ensure there are no symbols in the name of your document), or you may email them directly to your school's Registrar. Most families can take a black and white picture on their smartphone of requested documents and upload or of course can scan on a scanner and upload. Documents must be a maximum of 5MB and cannot include symbols in the naming convention or else the ADU will not allow you to continue. If you have issues with this please upload a blank page to move the application forward and then email your school's Registrar with the correct documentation so they can upload it for you.
I need to update my name (as a parent/guardian) and the ADU does not allow me to edit. What can I do to update my name?
The ADU will not allow families to update names within the ADU itself. Families may submit a request for a name change in our system directly through their school's Registrar.
I need to update my child's race/ethnicity and the ADU does not allow me to edit. What can I do to update?
The ADU will not allow families to update race/ethnicity within the ADU itself. Families may submit a request for a change in race/ethnicity in our system directly through their school's Registrar.
There are people listed in my household that no longer live in my household and the ADU will not allow me to edit. How can I update this?
The ADU will not allow families to remove persons from the household within the ADU itself. Families may request for persons to be removed from their household directly through their school's Registrar.
Why is my graduated Senior listed on the ADU as a student?
Please note that if you are filling this out before August 1 of the current year, there may be a student mentioned in this section that may have just graduated from high school in the Spring. Please edit/update the minimum information required on this student to move the Annual Data Update forward, as it is a snapshot of your household's family on the date you are filling this form out and our school year does not update itself to the new school year until August 1 each summer.
Why isn't my newly-enrolled student listed in the student section?
If you have recently enrolled a new student, such as a Kindergartener, to begin attending school in the Fall, and they are NOT listed on your list of students, please do not panic, as they will not appear until August 1 on the list. Because you recently enrolled this student, it is assumed that all of the information that was provided in that enrollment is current; there is no need to fill out the ADU for this student alone. If you have changes regarding this new student to report, please send those changes in an email directly to the new student's school Registrar.
Have a question? Contact your school’s registrar for assistance.