Our goal this entire school year has been to keep our schools open five days a week, knowing the importance that in-person learning and support has for our students. As we prepare to welcome students back, a week from today – Wednesday, January 5 – that remains our focus.
Back Together BVSD Reintroduction Plan
Returning to 5 Days a Week this Fall
Don't forget your mask!
We are excited to have students return to school this fall five days a week -- and we are planning to do everything we can to ensure they remain in-person throughout the school year.
Layered Health Precautions, including wearing masks will help us remain in person
Since the beginning of this pandemic, BVSD has relied on the expertise of our public health partners at Boulder County and Broomfield Public Health -- and our commitment to their guidance has not wavered.
At our Board of Education meeting on Tuesday, August 11, Boulder Valley School District's health partners presented our local health data, which shows increasing COVID cases in our community, especially among the unvaccinated, including our children 11 and under, and despite our counties’ high vaccination rates. Boulder County Public Health also shared additional information about Public Health Order 2021-07, which will require face coverings for all individuals two years and older, while in a school setting. Below are the announcement letters that they shared with us – which outlines their rationale:
They have shared that the same layered approach to health precautions that protected our staff, students and community last year will help to ensure that we are able to meet our goal of keeping students in person five days a week with as few interruptions as possible this school year.
Not comfortable with in-person learning? Choose Boulder Universal
We understand that even with these precautions in place, some of our students and families may still not feel comfortable returning to class. For a short time, we will be accepting transfer requests for Boulder Universal and their new BU Link program, based on availability.
Learn more and submit a request on the BU Special Enrollment page.
The special enrollment period ends on August 31.
Athletics and Activities
At the high school level practices are underway for fall sports. The new public health order requires masks for all indoor situations in both athletics and activities – for student-athletes and spectators. The only exceptions are for student-athletes in spirit (during stunts), swimming and gymnastics.
Additionally, all wind and brass instruments will require bell covers.
During outdoor athletics and activities masks will not be required for all student-athletes and spectators.
Teniendo en mente la importancia del aprendizaje presencial y las interacciones sociales diarias para nuestros estudiantes, el enfoque del BVSD es en hacer todo lo posible por mantener a los alumnos en el aprendizaje presencial cinco días a la semana.
- Questions about academics?
- Start with your teacher
- If you need further help, reach out to your principal.
- IT trouble?
- Visit bvsd.org/ithelp for tips
- Contact the IT Service Desk at 720-561-HELP
- Need emotional/counseling support?
- Reach out to your school counselor
- If you or someone in your family is experiencing a crisis please call Colorado Crisis Services at: 1-844-493-TALK (8255) or text Text “TALK” to 38255 for free confidential support 24/7
- Questions about health issues?
- Contact your school nurse
- Call our Health Services Dept at 720-561- 5544 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have a need that your school cannot address, please contact the Family Help Line at 720-770-0102 and leave a message with your full name and what you need assistance with. A bilingual member of our Equity & Partnerships team will return your call promptly.