Home School Program
BVSD currently has close to 400 students in our home school program. All of the forms and information you need to get started is available below.
3 points of importance:
- Part of your requirements as a parent/guardian of the student is to submit a Letter of Intent to Home School form (found below). The letter must be filed with the Boulder Valley School district at least 14 days prior to beginning home schooling.
- The State of Colorado requires parents/guardians to submit a Letter of Intent to Home School form every school year for each child.
- Nationally normed testing is required for all students grades 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11. For details, please visit the Colorado Department of Education website.
For further information regarding home schooling your child in BVSD, please contact our Home School Liaison at 720-561-6081 or email here.
- Home School Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ
- Home School Policies and Information
- Home School Annual Required Forms
Can my child participate in athletics and/or extra-curricular activities at our local school?
Can my child attend a BVSD school on a part-time schedule while attending Home School?
Yes. Approval is subject to Administrator approval. Please refer to our BVSD School Board Policy JEG-R for more information.
Does BVSD provide books/curriculum for my student?
No. Please refer to the Colorado Department of Education Home School Resources Page for more information.
Can my child return to their prior brick and mortar school at any time?
Yes. The student may attend the local neighborhood school according to your household address. If interested in an alternate school, please see our BVSD Open Enrollment Page.
How many hours of instruction should my child receive?
Minimum hours of instruction can be found on the BVSD School Board Policy JEG-R.